Lego Engineering Club – April to July 2018
Saturday, Apr 28, 2018 – Monday, May 7, 2018
1:00pm – 2:30pm
At the Lego Engineering club, the pupils will work through approximately 10 different themes/models each term. Through supervision and collaboration, each team of two, get to build machines and mechanisms, learn STEM concepts, have fun and inspire each other.
As well as providing an invaluable opportunity for children to get creative with their model building, LEGO engineering has the added benefit of developing children’s Science and Maths skills in a unique and engaging way.
At the sessions pupils will:
- Use LEGO bricks to have fun doing scientific experiments, building models that investigate forces, motion, mechanical and structural principles of everyday machines and mechanisms.
- Cover real science practices, including gathering evidence, planning, investigations and problem solving, putting scientific discovery and learning programming, all based upon the latest science and computing curriculum, enhancing pupils’ science and computing skills.
All Lego equipment and worksheets are provided, all your LEGO-loving child(ren) need to bring is bags of energy and creativity.
Our clubs are led by experienced, fully trained and DBS checked staff.
Date and Times:
- Fee: £90.00
- Time Options: 1.00pm – 2.30pm (1.5 hours)
- Duration: 10 weeks (Term time only – Not running on 2nd 2nd June 2018, due to half term).
- Session: Saturday 28th April – Saturday 7th July 2018.
Event LocationFleetville Primary School, 228 Hatfield Road
St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 4LW